Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I'll live inside this blissful snowglobe if that's what you need."

You know those things that won't stop haunting you? Silly ideas that threaten the stability of any relationship, much less a fledgling one that took a while to get off the ground. I got a few this week and, it turns out, Meg does too. We've had a few frank and emotional conversations fueled by my menstral cycle and Meg's obsessive need for restaurant queso. The conclusion? We're going to be together a damned long time...

I have never met or dated someone that can make me laugh with my brow still furrowed. She makes me feel justifiably ridiculous when I'm spouting off things even I don't believe, but she does it with the most amiable and loving smile I've ever seen. Meg has no control over her eyeballs most times...the blue spilling over to make me calmer. Thank god because I'm still acclamating myself to this life again. I love each step into deeper water with her and, oddly, I'm not scared when the water gets just a bit murky because I know, like her eyes, it will be clear and blue and beautiful if we just hold still and get our footing back.



I fear this may read as a hiccup...that couldn't be further from the truth as I feel nothing but surity and I think that confidence is infecting my girlfriend. In that fever, she's slipping up and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. If we keep accidently tipping our hands to the other, I think we might have some of that gross, giddy love on our hands. I'd better be more careful.

No comments: