Friday, October 3, 2008

"Being here this weekend reminds me-once again-how much I appreciate you and the time we spend together."

I miss my girlfriend. I left exactly one week ago for a trip to Destin, Florida with two of my best friends and I have another 48 hours before I see her face again. That's 9 days, folks. Nine days with no kisses, no cuddles, no nookie, no meals together, no face-to-face laughter, no unprompted smiles, no spooning (granted, this is but a sub-category of cuddling but that does not diminish its importance and the subsequent necessity to name it separately), no pouty faces, no watching the clock at work counting down the minutes until I get to see her face (I am doing this, but while sitting on the beach watching gorgeous sunsets!)...


I'm sure you're saying to yourself 'it's nine days and you're in paradise with two of your favorite people in the world, get a grip', but if you can recall any point where you've seen something indescribable and attempted to describe it or experienced something incomparable but wanted only to share it then you'll understand how I feel. I want Meg next to me as I have seen jellyfish for the first time outside of an aquarium, have lost time floating lazily in the ocean only to look up and find myself alarmingly far from shore, or, like tonight, stepped onto a sailboat and watched seven dolphins crest off the front bow as the sun fires red and disappears.

I miss that girl, my girl. I'm nostalgic for the memories we have yet to create. I'm anxious to see the scrapbooks that have yet to be scrapped. You know you got something special when with every glisten on the waves and every happening upon mating wildlife, you think of your girlfriend. ;)

I'm thinking of you, Meggles. And I so very much appreciate the time we have and will spend together.

No comments: